Type-based logos, also known as logotypes and wordmarks, are a powerful way to define the style of your brand. Creating your own custom lettering (instead of using a pre-built font) is your opportunity to make something truly unique.
Whether you need to design custom lettering for a company logo, a t-shirt, advertising, or your own personal brand, I’ll show you how to find inspiration, sketch out your rough ideas, refine your design and bring it into the computer. From there, you will learn how to create color options and add in some shading and texture.
In the class, I’ll walk you through how to start from (chicken) scratch to create this logo. After that, it’s your turn to find your own style and show the world what you can make!
There are two ways to enroll in this class:
1) Typographic Logos on Udemy (50% off with this link)
*Only if you enroll in Typographic Logos hosted by Udemy, will you have access to these Bonus Downloads:
• 26 Bitmap Textures to use in Illustrator
• 26 Photoshop Brushes to add texture to your own designs
• A collection of Vector Halftone Gradients
• The finished “Typographic Logos” design in vector format
• Banners 02 (36 Vector Banners)
• Distressed Borders (30 Vector Borders)
• Fabric Textures & Brushes (25 Bitmap Fabric Textures & Photoshop Brushes)
• Page Rules (25 Ornamental Vector Dividers)
• Time Machine Textures (40 Bitmap Textures & Photoshop Brushes)
• Vector Textures (25 Vector Textures)
Please note: all the free downloads come with an Extended License which means you can use them in personal AND professional design projects. (These free downloads would cost over $400 if purchased separately.)
Enrolling in Typographic Logos on Skillshare does not include the Bonus Download files mentioned above. But when you sign up for a Skillshare membership, you have access to their whole catalog of classes in design, entrepreneurship, etc. (My favorites so far are Jeff Staple’s class on building a fashion business and Aaron Draplin’s class on designing a family crest.)